Here is the recipe for the fish cakes and this will make 6-8 large enough fish cakes.
1kg of carb meat
1 large cod fillet (no skin)
1 large smoked coley or haddock
1fillet of salmon
1- 2kg of potato
1 medium sized onion finely diced
1 medium egg
Dried dill pinch or two to your liking
Salt and pepper to season to your liking
2 eggs for egg wash with splash of milk
You can add any other fish or vegetables you like but they need to be chopped tiny!
- Put all fish and onions in a pan and fry I use a non stick pan so I don’t need to use any oil. You can use oil if you want but I don’t like too. When cooked leave to cool down.
- Boil your potatoes and mash and leave to cool down.
- Now fish and potatoes are cooled down mixed both together with your dill salt and pepper with your 1 medium egg.
- Shape fish cakes and pop on grease proof paper and pop into the fridge for them to set which makes them easier to bread them. 1 hour will be enough!
- Have 3 bowls one with flour, eggs and milk mixed then last one with bread crumbs.
- Dip your fish cakes in to flour to coat.
- Then your egg wash.
- Bread crumbs.
- Make sure your deep fat Frier oil is hot before you drop them into the oil one by one.
Also these can be done on low heat in a frying pan. But the deep fat frier is the best opinion.
When I make these I make them as a treat and serve them with pesto and crumberland sauce! Devine!! 🙈
If you make these let me know or send me pictures I would love to see them 😘👍
Thank you for reading until next time.
Lots of love x